Sunday, July 10, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July! (I know it's a week late, but it's been a little crazy around here.)

We had such a crazy 4th of July weekend! We went to my parents for the weekend and it was jam packed with fun. Saturday I went to look at wedding dresses with Lindsay (my brother's fiance) and we found some really great ones. She is going to make one beautiful bride! :) Then, Saturday night my mom watched Gavin so Chris and I could go to Summerfest with Josh and Lindsay to see Maroon 5! They were great! It was crowded, but they sounded awesome.

Sunday we decided to go down by Lake Michigan/downtown Racine to see if we could get Gavin to play in the splash pad. So, we packed a lunch, packed up the car and headed down there with my mom, dad, Chris, me, Gavin, Lindsay, and Josh! It was a lot of fun. Of course, Gavin doesn't love the water (and it was cold) but he did okay. He still had fun running OUT of the splash pad. LOL

Daddy and Gavin enjoying the splash pad

As you can see, he enjoyed running away from the splash pad! 

Then we enjoyed some ice cream..Blue Moon of course. 


And Grandma bought us a new lunch box. :)

Monday, we went to the parade in Racine and it was HOT! Thanks to Lindsay and Josh, we had some great seats! Gavin wasn't quite sure about it at first, but once he realized things were going by on the street he decided it wasn't so bad. He did so good. We were there for a couple hours and he didn't cry once! We went back to my mom's to cool off and take a nap. Then, it was off to Josh and Lindsay's for a BBQ. They did a great job and the food was awesome! I can't believe Josh is old enough to be living in a house and throwing a BBQ with his fiance! Yikes, when did that happen?


Sitting with Uncle Josh at the parade


Making a funny face while eating snacks


Family photo

And...the perfect end to a busy, but great weekend! 

We had an awesome weekend! I hope to make the parade and BBQ a 4th of July tradition! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment