Sunday, June 26, 2011

Our new adventures in daycare

Our new adventure in daycare starts tomorrow! I am so excited for him, but so nervous at the same time. We were so lucky to find our last daycare and Gavin loved it there. But, it was time we parted ways. Gavin is so, hmmmmmm, what is the word I'm looking for? Inquisitive? Full of life? Crazy? (no, not crazy!) We just decided that he needed a little more stimulation and more clear cut leaning environment with kids his own age. It was not an easy decision, but it was the right one. I really think he is going to love it, once he gets used to it that is! 

See, he was in an in home daycare before and now will be in a daycare center. Where he used to sleep in a room all his own, in a pack and play; he will now sleep in a room with 7 other toddlers and on a nap mat! Yikes!   So, I am most nervous about his naps, though everyone assures me that he will adapt to the new routine. I am nervous about his eating and how "I" know that you can't give him an entire bowl of food because it will all go in his mouth at once, but maybe they don't know. And there about a dozen other silly things that I'm sure won't even be a big deal. 

I am excited about so many things, though! I think he is going to grow by leaps and bounds at the daycare center! They do so many things and I can't wait to see all the new things he'll learn from the teachers and the other kiddos. :) He's at such a "interesting" stage right now. So frustrating one minute and so sweet the next. Tonight, he was yelling Mommy while Chris was getting him ready for bed and I was downstairs getting his cup and it just melted my heart! It made me forget that he was being a testy little punk early in the day! Ha ha! 

I will leave you with a great pic from today. 


Mommy, these rocks taste yummy! 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the new daycare!! :) I bet he will just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Emi! His first two days were great! I'm so happy that we switched. :)

    ReplyDelete