Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Oh, what fun water is!

So, I have been severely lacking in the updates department and I'm sorry for that. I always think that I'll make a new post and then I read or watch something on TV or something else.

Gavin is getting big. He'll be 17 months in a week and I can't believe how fast the time is going by. He is constantly repeating everything you say (I need to watch the language..I'm so bad!) and copying everything you do. He will point to all his body parts when you ask him ...well at least for Daddy he does it. He will tell you what sounds certain animals make..well at least for Daddy he does it. Are you seeing a pattern here?? I would be annoyed that he doesn't do it for me, but I'm not. It's so darn cute that he does it for Daddy that I don't care. (Well, maybe a little. ;))

I don't know if anyone remembers my Florida post about how Gavin hated the water, beach, sand, ocean, etc, etc? Well, we didn't get him a pool because of that, but I thought he might like a water table. I mean, he likes the bath, so it was worth a shot, right? Well, I put it together, but it was raining off and on all week, so I didn't put it out yet. Well, I needed to distract him tonight so I could make some dinner. I filled it up a little bit ad he really liked it! I think he'll love it when we get it outside and he has a few more toys to play with in it. I am so happy we found something water related that he likes.

This is kind of cool...water everywhere! 
 Hmm..these animals look like friends..I'll splash them. :)
Ok, Mommy, this is not working anymore...I'm sleepy. :(

A word of caution: Do not let you child play with a water table on hardwood floor with no towel underneath...they will slip and fall and you will feel terrible! :( He's okay..just a bump on his head. 

He was a bit of a whiner tonight (we have an eye tooth making it's way in) and I got a great fake crying look picture that I will leave you with. It made me laugh! :) 

This is my crying face...I am SO mad..do you believe me? 

1 comment: