Saturday, July 30, 2011

Daddy and Gavin Saturdays

So, as most of you that know me are aware; my husband coaches baseball. He is busy, busy ALL summer long and most of spring, too. So, it's been a crazy summer with many nights and a few weekends without Daddy around to help entertain Gavin. BUT, it was all over on Thursday.....well...most of it at least.

 See, Chris loves being a daddy...I mean he LOVES it! I always knew he would be a great dad and  he is. As frustrated as I get that he's gone a lot of the summer; I know that he misses Gavin while he's gone. This weekend, Chris started a tradition with Gavin that I know he hopes will last a long time....Daddy/Gavin Saturdays!

This morning I got to sleep into whenever I wanted! When I woke up at 830am (yep, after having a kid that likes to get up at 6am..that is sleeping in) and came downstairs; Chris went up to take a shower and I fed Gavin some breakfast. Then, Chris came down and took Gavin out and left me at home to my own devices. They went to the farmers market where Gavin ate a cucumber, then went to Walgreen's, and then went and hung out with Pepa! What was one to do with all that alone time....read and shop, of course. I read first, took a shower, and then did a little shopping. When I got home, Gavin was napping and he stayed that way for 2 1/2 hours!!!! AWESOME!!! Then, tonight I got to go to a movie and Chris took care of Gavin's night time routine.

I am very thankful for such a loving hubby. It's so cute to see the two of them together. Gavin's in a bit of a mommy only phase, so I think today was really great for them. :) I anticipate many more Gavin/Daddy Saturdays and am excited to hear all that they bring.

 For now, I'll leave you with the most recent pic of my two favorite guys. :)

1 comment:

  1. Awe I love this!! I'm so happy they had some time together and you had some much needed alone time!

    ReplyDelete