Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pink eye and Colds :(

So, starting a new daycare is awesome. We love it, Gavin loves it, and the teachers love him. I mean, how could they not, right? Now, the downfall of starting a new daycare.....germs! :( Germs that are new to our little man; ones he hasn't built up a resistance to. They have had a few cases of pink eye around the daycare center since we started going there and I was so worried that Gavin would get it. BUT, I didn't need to worry about that because.....I got pink eye! Yes, that's right...I got it, not him. Which of course is good because we don't him to have it. But, not good because it SUCKS big time!! I seriously would not wish pink eye on my worst enemy. It's watery, gooey, itchy, and just plain sucks! Then, of course, Chris got it. UGH! And though, he didn't get pink eye; Gavin did get a nasty cold virus.

Gavin has had a fever and runny nose off and on the last few weeks. Thursday night his nose started running and he started coughing. It's been a pretty rough couple of days, but I have gotten some good cuddles out of it. Gavin is really only a cuddlier when he's sick. It's the sure fire way to tell he's sick. I am hoping that he starts building up a resistance to the new germs at daycare soon. It's summer....not the time you want your little one to be sick. They should be out enjoying the weather while they can! Going to the park, playing outside with the water table, blowing bubbles, etc.

Here's to a healthy household soon.


His favorite activity....opening/shutting doors! :)

1 comment:

  1. Awe poor little guy, mama and dada! He should build up a good little immunity soon. I hope he's better soon! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete