Monday, May 23, 2011

The "Uh-oh's" and "No-no's"

Gavin is a talker. I know, I know....everyone that knows me well is shocked by this statement, right? ;) He just babbles all day in his own language, which of course, I am expected to know. He knows how to say quite a few words (ball, shoe, eat, sock to name a few) and he understands even more. His favorite lately have been "uh-oh" and "no, no, no"! So cute...he drops something, looks at it, exclaims "uh-oh" and then picks it up to do it all over again. Not so cute..."no, no, no" all while shaking his head no, while doing something he knows he's not supposed to! (Of course it's cute, but we try not to let it soften us!)

In the morning, when Daddy  goes in to wake him up or get him, Gavin ask for "mama". Hehe...I secretly like that! When Daddy comes home from work, Gavin will exclaim, "Daddy"! (well, it doesn't sound exactly like that, but you know what I mean.) And boy, oh boy, when he wants to eat...watch out! He will exclaim "eat, eat, eat" over and over until you feed him.

We spent the weekend at my parents house and he learned a few words there as well. Like, "down" because we were constantly telling my parents dog to get down and Gavin joined right in. He even had a little stern look on his face! He also started saying "woof, woof" when Bernie (my parent's dog) would bark. He hasn't repeated to many animal sounds yet, so I thought it was pretty darn cute. And I asked him to bring his car to his Uncle Josh who was across the room and I was shocked when he did just that! (Of course, I did ask him a couple of times.)

He's growing bigger and more independent everyday and I just want to slow down time.

And I'll leave you with a picture from today.

1 comment:

  1. Okay first off I LOVE the new picture!! Look at all his hair.....Isla will be the last baldy standing!!
    I <3 listening to their little voices!! Nothing better in this world!

    ReplyDelete